Kerastase Elixir Ultime... Before & After plus an Updated Review!

I've done a couple of reviews on this product in the past 2 months, but I wanted to do a third and show some results. 

Just because it's such a gorgeous bottle, here is another photo of mine...



I got this in October and I have used it 2-3 times a week ever since. So how much is left? This much!...



As you can see, most of it is left. Considering that I use 2 pumps each time on my long hair, this shows you how long a bottle will last. After 2 months of use, it's barely made a dent. This is a great result for starters! If you're worried about using it all up quickly, then don't be :) Based on my hair & usage, this will easily last me most of next year *happy face*

I am currently using it before I wash my hair. I brush my hair through, dispense 2 pumps of this into my hands, rub them together and then distribute it through the lengths and ends concentrating on any areas that might be a bit drier than others.

Then, I do a double shampoo using Kerastase Oleo-Relax (an amazing shampoo, which I cannot recommend enough). This warrants a mini review of its own right now... I have never come across a shampoo like this before! It's an amber-coloured 'clear' shampoo that's oil-based to moisturise and de-frizz. I know what you're thinking 'am oil-based shampoo?' BUT, believe me when I say that it lathers amazing well and rinses clean in no time. I can actually feel the difference in my hair even when it's still wet. I am totally in love with this shampoo and refuse to use anything else!

Next, I apply a conditioning masque. My currently favourite is by L'Oreal Professional. It's their Liss Ultime, which comes in the lilac packaging. The combination of the Elixir Ultime, Oleo-Relax shampoo and this masque means that my hair is so glossy, shiny and smooth that I have no need for any other products or reach for my straighteners. RESULT! :)) I honestly cannot recommend this trio of products enough. Combined, they nourish, moisturise, smooth, de-frizz and gloss. My hair is also so shiny that it looks like I've had a blow-dry by a professional!

To give you an idea of how this product looks on my hair, here is a before...


& here is an after...


See how the light bounces off? It's easy to demonstrate how this looks on dark hair as it's easier to reflect light. On blonde hair, I think it would give real definition and depth to highlights. Having said that, dark hair can also look dull and flat if the shade is too dark or you have too much colour build-up. The perfect look for me is hair that's both glossy and full of volume. If it's too flat, it'll look lifeless and a bit greasy. Inject some volume, amp up the gloss and you'll be transformed :)

Another thing I have noticed is that my split ends are now few and far between and my hair also feels stronger. I will continue to use this combination of products and fingers crossed I will be Kim Kardashian-esque in a few more months (my hair is almost long enough and I don't wear extensions!) :)

I bought mine from lookfantastic.com and this is also sold in Kerastase-approved salons only.

Happy Xmas! x

Comments

Popular Posts