My Latest Haul...

I meant to post this yesterday, but it was so hot travelling back from Reading that I felt really sleepy! I managed to take some photos, so tonight I was able to edit them and do my post properly.

The shops in Reading are pretty good. I'd recommend a trip there as the House of Fraser is huge - 5 floors! Better still, they stock all the major brands: Aveda, Bare Escentuals, Clinique and MAC plus many more. I spent most of my time in there ;) On that note, here's what I bought...

MAC products



I got 'Naked' pigment and Magically Cool Liquid Powder in 'Truth & Light'. I have wanted 'Naked' pigment for ages, but my local counter always seemed to be sold out! I swatched it and fell in love with it straight away. As the colour is intense, I'm sure this pot will last for ages.

'Truth & Light' is amazing... I have never known a powder like it. I applied it this morning and as I brushed it on, it felt like I was spritzing my face with cool water! Not what I was expecting from a powder, that's for sure! The resulting effect is a light shimmer, but you do not get much coverage. You will need to use a setting powder first and then use this as a highlighting/finishing powder.

Urban Decay Naked Palette




This is another thing I have been wanting for a-g-e-s! I spotted some on display in House of Fraser and snapped one up.

The middle photo is of the palette taken without the flash and the bottom photo is how the shades look with the flash.

I wore 'Naked' today (3rd colour from the left) and it's gorgeous. I can't wait until this weekend when I can have a proper 'play' with it ;) The Primer Potion is pretty good too - I think I shall be purchasing a full-sized one when the mini one runs out.

Mulberry Key Ring





I was beyond excited when I saw this in the sale (also at House of Fraser) for just £27! I have been lusting after a Mulberry-anything for ages, so this was perfect. The colour is called 'Petticoat White' and I love it. I'm almost afraid to use it as I don't want to get it dirty, so I haven't put any keys on it yet (how sad!) As it's Mulberry's 40th birthday, my keyring came with some goodies: a set of postcards, a sheet of stickers & a pack of badges. It also came in a gorgeous pouch & box and I was thrilled to find it came in a Mulberry bag instead of a House of Fraser sale bag! (shallow, much?) ;)

Some free samples


The first sample is 'Mr Bright' eye cream from Benefit. The jar is 2ml and I must admit that it's quite a good eye cream. I love the mini jar and will do a follow up review if I notice anything amazing.

I was also given a mini trio of Aveda Smooth Infusion products. I've been keen to try the Style Prep and there is a mini tube of this in the set :) I've got the full-sized versions of the shampoo & conditioner, but I have been thinking of getting Style Prep for ages. If I like it, I shall be purchasing the full-sized one when this runs out.

Lastly, a mini 5ml tube of Beauty Flash Balm. I love this cream, but I keep finding other things to spend my cash on! At £28.50 for 50ml it's not cheap, but I'm planning on buying a full tube next month.

Bliss Hand Cream Duo


This was another House of Fraser bargain at just £4 (instead of £8). It comes with 2 tubes of handcream - 1 Blood Orange & Pepper and 1 tube of Intensive Manicure. I love Bliss products and this was a great deal.

Dove & Nails Inc


At selected Boots stores, you get a free Nails Inc nail polish with the purchase of any 2 Dove deodorants (350ml or 50ml roll-on). I chose 'Copacobana', which is a gorgeous coral shade. There was also a pinky colour, but this was much more eye-catching.

So, that was my haul! I hope you had a great weekend too x

Comments

  1. I love the Naked palette! :) And although I've never tried them, the MAC products look lovely too! :) The pigment is a nice colour! :)

    xxx

    P.S. Visit my blog for a giveaway :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you got the naked palette! i got mine a few weeks back and totally love it :) The mulberry set looks so sweet! I've heard so many good things about the beauty flash balm but don't know if I want to spend the money on it. I used to buy skincare products from Clarins but stopped as it was too much for my student budget. I'm eyeing their mosaic bronzer though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great buys. I'm jealous of all the Mulberry bits- even the carrier bag!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sooooo get your Mulberry excitement! Just like you, I don't want to use some things, simply because they're too pretty (usually with notebooks and stuff from Paperchase :P).

    Maybe you'll put this ring-chain to your bag, as a charm? :) X

    P.S. Don’t forget about my new giveaway!

    http://mademoiselle-la-la.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the naked palette! and was planning on buying the mulberry key ring too...just wish I could afford a bag :(

    xoxo

    http://frivolousloves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm the Dove deodorants must smell yummy, and I love the shade of the nail polish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ah the naked palette so jealous x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your free samples are brilliant, you did well. The naked palette looks amazing. You have a wonderful blog by the way, I will definitly be checking back to read more of your posts! Good luck with it (although I am sure you don't need it).

    All the best,
    Voe.
    ________________________________________
    http://lipstick-and-pearls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the NAKED palette by UD, its gorgeous :) Been wanting to try that MAC pigment for the longest time now :)

    Love Christine ♥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts