My Nude Nail Polish Collection & Hair Growth Update!

I realise that the title of this blog post is a bit strange, but bear with me! :)

I'll start with my nude nail polish collection...


This is my small-ish collection of nude-coloured nail polishes and there are some that I love more than others.

From left-right:
* Leighton Denny for Urban Retreat: UR Natural
* Nails Inc/Diet Coke: Caramel
* Topshop: Big Smoke
* Leighton Denny: Supermodel
* Nails Inc/InStyle: Fashion Fawn
* Barry M: Mushroom
* Chanel: Particuliere

As I say, it's not the biggest collection of nude polishes in the world, but I think it's a nice "capsule wardrobe" of colours :)

Without a doubt, my favourite is Particuliere. There's just something about it that no other polish - despite their claims of being a "great dupe" - comes close.

The photo was taken with the flash (hence the blinding beams coming off the bottles!) but this is how they appear in the bottle.

I've just taken off "Supermodel" and am toying with the idea of teaming OPI Malaysian Mist with NARS Arabesque. Bit of a risk as Malaysian Mist is a gorgeous glowing nude/pink and Arabesque is a chunky rose-gold glitter! Hopefully it'll pay off - if not, it's coming straight off! ;)

Finally, I wanted to post a little update about my hair...

Back in April I had 7 (yes, seven!) inches cut off my hair. It was a shock to my system, I can tell you! I'm glad I took the plunge as my hair felt much better for it and volumising products actually worked. However, I was soon missing having longer hair. To me, it felt really short, but when I tied it back I could barely feel the weight.

This is how it looked before I had the 7" cut off...


Looks great, but boy did it weigh me down!!

This is how it looked after the chop...


Big difference, right?! I felt naked in the hairdressers!!

And now, 2&1/2 months on, this is how it looks...


Excuse the photo - I just took it! I'm not that washed-out in real life - I just really liked it for some reason :) FYI... I'm wearing MAC Myth & MAC Underage (lips), MAC Well Dressed (cheekbones) & MAC Plushlash mascara :) Hoodie is from GAP x

Just to clarify, it's grown 4"!!! After the cut, it was sitting just past my shoulders. My layers were also just below my jawline, whereas they now come down to my collarbone.

I'm amazed that it's grown so quickly. My hair always has grown fast, but I think I must be producing some kind of superhuman hair-growth-hormones as the growth equates to about 1&1/2" of growth a month! My nails are the same... they typically grow about 4-5mm a week! When I used to have acrylic nail extensions, I had to have them infilled once a week and a new set every 6 weeks - they used to just grow off and my nail technician had never seen anything like it! Needless to say, that got very expensive and I don't think it would have been good for my nails in the long term.

Thank you for indulging me in this hybrid post - I hope it was interesting for you x

I shall be going to Reading on Sunday, so a haul post will follow. Shops on my "to visit" list include MAC, ZARA, LUSH, Topshop & Boots, so keep your eyes peeled for that :) x

Comments

  1. Wow, your hair grows so quickly! Jealous!
    I'm a complete sucker for nude, brown and grey polishes too :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your a lucky girl aren't you! I don't think my hair would grow that much in a year! Great nail polish collection.X

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm so jealous of your nail and hair growth! been trying to grow my hair out and it's only like an inch or less a month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is some collection! :) I think there may be a slight addiction even. ;) I have the similar thing with nude lipsticks and lip balms. That's why I'm usually going to the Body Shop with a list and a solemn swear that I won't buy another lip product. ;) X

    P.S. Don’t forget about my new giveaway!

    http://mademoiselle-la-la.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely polish collection!! and beautiful haircut <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow your hair looks like such a gorgeous colour! I always had long hair that reached my bum but a few years ago decided to chop it all off into a bob. Although it wasn't the best hairstyle ever I don't regret it as it makes your hair stronger and like you said volumising products actually work! :) X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic writing, keep up the amazing work. This is the type of information that really should gain acknowledgement for it's workmanship. More authors should learn from you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts