MAC & Nicki Minaj Pink 4 Friday Lipstick...

Image courtesy of billboard.com

As you may know, this lipstick is the highly sought-after shade, which was released by MAC to celebrate the launch of Nicki Minaj's album 'Pink Friday'.

Here is mine, which I received today...


MAC only sold this online (and at Selfridges.com) for four Friday's, starting with the 26th November and ending last Friday (17th December). In actual fact, it was only available for three of those Friday's as it was totally sold out, so they were none available on the 10th December. This might have been a marketing strategy or they were genuinely sold out, who knows? ;)

Anyway, I managed to get one last Friday. This was no mean feat... I refreshed MAC's website at 12:00 midnight and it was showing as available to buy. It then took me 15 minutes to get through the checkout process! Due to the high volume of traffic trying to purchase through the site, it made the whole thing very slow. But, by 12.15am it was mine. I was very lucky to get one, as the website then crashed and didn't come back on until 1.30am. It then crashed again and I know a lot of people found theirs deleted from their basket by the time they got to checkout.

This is a swatch without the flash...


& with the flash...


The formula is 'Satin', which I personally love. 'Myth' (my all-time favourite lipstick) is also a 'Satin' and I love the rich pigment. Some people find this formulation a bit drying, but if you use a lip balm beforehand and a gloss on top, I find that stops it becoming too dry.

Also, it's called 'Pink Friday', not 'Pink 4 Friday' as it was marketed online. It's a real 'Barbie Pink' and not for the faint-hearted! ;)


I was disappointed to find that the case just looks like a normal MAC case. In the Lady Gaga & Cyndi Lauper Viva Glam range, the cases are different and I like that as it makes them stand out. This is probably just me being picky, though :)

This is how it looks on without the flash...


& with the flash! ...


I applied this quickly for the photo, but I shall take a lot more care when I apply it to wear it out. My lips are naturally red and I put this on without Lip Erase/Lip Plump like I normally do, so this shows you how pigmented the lipstick is.

I never thought this lipstick would suit me. I have a fair skintone with a 'cool' undertone, but with the right makeup I think it might work. Fingers crossed! :)

I shall be wearing it on Xmas Day with MAC Well Dressed blusher, a hint of black eyeliner (MAC Smoulder) and lashings of mascara!

Did you get one of these lipsticks?

Happy Xmas! x

Comments

Popular Posts