Project 10 Pan Update...

I started my own version of 'Project 10 Pan' nearly 3 weeks ago and I decided to start with body scrubs, body lotions, etc.

To recap I decided to try and use up:

* Palmers Cocoa Butter Body Lotion
* Body Shop Shower Gels (cherry, lemon, shea & almond)
* Marc Jacobs perfume shower gel
* Body Shop Almond Body Mist (2 of them!)
* Body Shop Shea Butter scrub
* Body Shop Brazil Nut scrub
* Nivea Shower Oil


Some of these products were easier to use up than others.

I tried to use the Palmers' Cocoa Butter as a body lotion and a foot cream. The first night I applied it all over and in the morning I didn't notice any difference! None at all. I think it might have been due to the fact that my skin wasn't dry, but I have never had that problem with body lotion before. As a foot cream it performed better, but rather than use the rest up - about 2/3 more applications - I decided to throw it away. I'm disappointed with this product as I used to like it, but I think I shall be sticking to my new favourites Kiehl's Creme de Corps and Clinique Deep Comfort Body Lotion from now on!

The Body Shop shower gels were easy to use up. I just have a little bit of the Cherry and the Lemon ones to finish now. I decided to use them as bubble bath with great results. Not only did they foam nicely but my skin felt moisturised too. Bonus! However, I shall not be repurchasing any of them as I am sticking to my a select few (more expensive ones) that I prefer. I recommend them if you're looking for a range of shower gels that smell great, lather well and leave your skin moisturised and lightly scented. Sadly, they're just not for me.

The Nivea Shower Oil was a huge disappointment. I also have the Sanctuary Shower Oil and this is a totally different product. This had been sat in my drawer and when I had my clear-out I decided to give it a try. Sadly I had to throw it away after just one use for a few reasons... Firstly, I needed A LOT of product. With the Sanctuary shower oil, I only need a couple of squirts, but with this, I needed about 10! I also couldn't tell where I had used it! It seemed to disolve instantly upon contact with water before I even managed to apply it! Not impressed. If you're looking to try a shower oil, don't go for the Nivea one, go straight to the Sanctuary one instead. It costs more, but I wasted money by getting the Nivea one!

I have also used up the other products on my 'list'. I'm glad because I completed this project earlier than I thought (I was expecting to take about a month or so) but I won't be repurchasing any of them again. I bought them because I wanted them at the time, but if I could spend that money all over again I would definitely buy other things!

Right now, I am concentrating on using the products I love and I prefer having more expensive items than a load of cheaper ones. My new mantra is 'quality over quantity' and I intend to stick to it :)

I hope you all had a great Xmas! x

Comments

Popular Posts