MAC Prep + Prime Skin Review & My MAC Wish List!

For the past few days I've been trying out the sample of MAC Prep + Prime Skin that I got with my MAC order last week.


I was not expecting to like this product. I've used primers before and just found them to be awful - they either made my foundation slide off or my foundation looked patchy and like I hadn't applied any. It would take me ages to blend it in and make it look half-decent.

This is different!

For a start, the formula is silicone-based, but it goes on like it doesn't contain any! It's more like a cream and it seems to just sink into skin, leaving a slightly shimmery finish.

I apply my moisturiser, wait 1 minute, then apply this, wait 2 minutes and then apply my MAC Face & Body Foundation. The result is a nice, even finish and it makes my F&B stay put all day. I'm also impressed by the fact that my blusher seems to retain it's true colour and doesn't darken/fade away. As I've said before, my skin is combination right now and I'm normally a shiny mess by the end of the day on my T-Zone. However, with the use of a few great products used in conjunction with each other, this seems to keep my skin matte. In case you're looking for products that can help you achieve this, I use...

* The Body Shop Skin Clearing Lotion (a great mattifying moisturiser that's also a great base for make-up - also a total bargain at just £6!)

* MAC Prep + Prime Skin (as mentioned above and on a previous post)

* MAC Face & Body Foundation (this is a great, lightweight foundation that also provides good, buildable coverage)

* Lily Lolo Mineral Foundation (Shade: Blondie) (this is a great setting powder for my foundation - it also gives an extra light layer of coverage and as it's mineral, it's also good for skin!)

* Clinique Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder (this is AMAZING and I wish I had discovered it sooner. I apply this over the Lily Lolo powder and it gives extra an glow/boost/coverage to my skin and also keeps me oil-free all day! My HG powder!)

I also use concealer (where needed), blusher and a highlighting powder to achieve my look. This may sound like a lot of products, but I have found my perfect combination of items, which help me to fake that 'doesn't my skin look flawless?' finish. I knew I'd hit upon the right combination when a woman on a Clinique counter asked me what I used and then she said that she couldn't tell that I was even wearing foundation so I was really happy :) It's always good when someone says 'your skin looks great' rather than 'your make-up looks great' isn't it? To me, that tells me I've got it just right. I see so many girls caked in make-up and it just looks grubby. I've found that the trick is to use light layers of good quality products and use the right tools to apply them. I just wish I had mastered this 10 years ago! ;)

So, to sum up, I shall certainly be purchasing this product as soon as my sample tube runs out!

I'm planning on going to MAC soon and there a tonne of things I want to get. They're going to be a Xmas present, so I have thought carefully and I'm going to get...

* cremestick liner (lip liner) in 'creamola'
* eyeshadows in 'patina', 'sable', 'mulch' & 'texture'
* powder blush in 'well dressed'
* prep + prime skin

I think I will also look at 'blankety' & 'angel' and other nude-coloured lipsticks. I'm like a kid in a sweet shop when it comes to a MAC counter! I love to swatch everything and the girls that work there are always so helpful and friendly - nothing is too much trouble. They seem to wear a lot of make-up, but it's always beautifully applied. I would love a job there *hint hint*! ;)

Fingers crossed I will be going to Bath next week with my mum to get started on Xmas shopping. I always love going to Bath, as I am totally addicted to Ben's Cookies! If you have never tried one of their to-die-for cookies - where have you been?! Every bite tastes like heaven! My favourite flavour is 'Milk Chocolate Chunk' and each cookie is more like a cake in terms of texture. Each one is soft, chewy and on the flavour I like, there are chunks of yummy milk chocolate that's melted in the middle, so with every bite you get doughy cookie and runny chocolate! I must stop talking about them now, as it's making me hungry! Suffice to say, I will be buying a box of 10 to take home :)

Have you got a MAC wish list this Xmas? Have you been to Ben's Cookies & found your favourite flavour? x

Comments

Popular Posts