Topshop Mini Nail Polish Set Review...

I bought a set of 3 mini nail polishes from Topshop earlier in the week and here it is!

Inside the box...


& outside the box! ...


 From left to right: Big Smoke, Offbeat & Dark Horse


I bought this, as I really wanted to try 'Dark Horse'...



It's a beautiful chocolate-brown with a hint of gold shimmer.

The other colours you get are 'Big Smoke' (pale lilac/grey) & 'Offbeat' (cream).

Each bottle is 6ml and the set cost £12. There were other colour combinations available, but I really wanted this one. I saw 'Big Smoke' sold separately in store a few weeks ago and loved the colour. It's a pale shade that's really wearable and it's a great nude shade. I haven't tried it yet, but I am planning on doing so next week.


The main reason I wanted this set is because I haven't seen 'Dark Horse' sold on its own and I couldn't resist this cute trio!


This is what 'Dark Horse' looks like on...








Excuse the shoddy photo - it looks much better in person! I applied 2 coats and am in love with it already :)


It's a cinch to apply and the colour is really rich & glossy. If you're looking for a rich brown shade for winter, look no further than this.


Another product I got was Topshop's Nail Varnish Remover (wipes)...




These are amazing and cost just £2!


The wipes are individual round circles soaked with nail varnish remover. They contain panthenol & pro vitamin B5 and don't have that awful acetone smell, which is a great bonus. Each wipe also seems to be packed with an oil of some sort, as when you've removed your old polish, your nails looks conditioned. I wasn't expecting them to be so good, but I love them so I take it all back ;) I also picked up a pack of their face wipes but I haven't tried those yet.


I really love the Topshop Make Up packaging... it's quirky & cute and the spotted lid bottles on the nail polishes are really unique. They have a sort of 'homemade' feel to them and I think that's what I like the most :)

Have you bought this cute set yet (or any of the others)?


On the subject of nail polish, I got this in the post today...




I decided to photograph these two together as I liked the contrast.


On the right is the nail polish I got and it's a limited edition colour by Cadbury Dairy Milk Bliss for Nails Inc. This is the shade 'Vanilla Bliss'. I think I've got lots of these nail polishes to come over the next few days, as I entered the competition every day! They also do a dark brown/chocolate shade, so fingers crossed I'll get some of those.


This is a full-sized bottle (10ml) and the colour is a gorgeous cream-coloured shade with a hint of shimmer. They are supposed to represent the colours in Cadbury's Bliss chocolate bar and ran a promotion for about 3 weeks in Sainsbury's.


If you missed out on this giveaway, they can be purchased in store and cost about £10.


Did you enter this competition? If so, have you received any of these colours yet?

Hope you have a great weekend :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts