New Skincare Products...

Recently, I decided to review the skincare products I was using.

My skin has undergone some changes over the past year and as a result I had to overhaul my skincare routine and change the products that had been working for me.

For example, last year my skin used to be 'normal'. No dryness, no oily patches, no pigmentation/redness and no spots! I know, pretty lucky, right?

How times have changed!

About 6 months ago, my hormones went haywire and now my skin has pigmentation (under my left eye), visible pores (when I'm not wearing make-up), an oily t-zone and hormonal acne around my jawline. To say I was upset when all this happened was an understatement!

So... I had to abandon my beloved skincare products that I could use with abandon (Clinique 3-Step, Dermalogica, Creme de la Mer, etc, etc) and look at products for combination skin.

As this was the first time in my life that I had ever suffered any real skin problems, this was a bit of a challenge for me and I didn't know where to start. It was so difficult to find products that would cleanse without over-drying/irritating my skin even more, tone without harsh alcohol and moisturise yet control my t-zone.

As you can imagine, this took a while! I have tried so many combinations of products in order to achieve what I wanted. On top of that, I also had to change my foundation and powder so that they would last all day without sliding off. What a total headache!

Now, after many, many products, this is my current skincare routine...


L-R: Dermalogica Skin Resurfacing Cleanser, Sanctuary Pore Refining Toner, Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus, Clarins Eye Revive Beauty Flash & The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion

This combination of products seem to be having amazing results on my skin and I couldn't be happier :)

The Dermalogica cleanser is one of my recent purchases. I mentioned it in my last post and I just had to try it out for myself. I have been using it for the past 2 days and already I am impressed...


I use just one pump in the morning and then again in the evening. It has to be used on clean skin, so I use a No7 face wipe to remove my eye make-up & foundation before using this.

It doesn't lather up very much, but it still manages to remove any last traces of make-up. My skin is left really clean and comfortable. It's a cinch to remove and when used with my Eve Lom muslin cloth it's all gone. Quick and convenient - I love it! This product has already replaced my Neutrogena combination (Visibly Clear 2-in-1 & Grapefruit Scrub) and the results are far better. My skin is looking clearer already so who knows how it will look in a few weeks :) The smell is also lovely and lingers for a while in the bathroom afterwards!

My other amazing find is this product by Clinique...


It's the latest product in their Repairwear range and this is Repairwear Laser Focus.

I am totally in love with this amazing serum! In the past, I have never really got on with serums. Some were too thick; others were too greasy. This is certainly none of those things! It is ultra-light and sinks into my skin in no time. It can even be used around the eyes, which makes it even more of a great product.

I apply this after my toner and use about 3-4 drops all over my face & under my eyes each time. When I use this is in the morning, I tend to wait a minute or so and then apply my moisturiser on top. It's truly amazing as it doesn't alter the affects of my moisturiser and it doesn't make my skin errupt so I am very happy with this product. So much so, that I bought my second pot at Boots yesterday. Thank you Advantage Card points :)

I'm also really happy with the toner I am currently using. I have used many toners/astringents in the past: Clinique Clarifying Lotion & Anti-Blemish Solutions Lotion, La Roche-Posay Effaclar, Body Shop Tea Tree Toner and Origins Zero Oil... to name a few. Some of these were too harsh, some made no difference and others had no effect whatsoever and I might aswell have used water!


However, my current toner of choice is by The Sanctuary and it's their Pore Refining Toner. It's a spray that can be applied to a cotton pad or sprayed over the face to refresh during the day. I love this toner! It smells similar to Liz Earle's Tonic, which I like and it makes my skin feel really refreshed. I have only been using it for about a month, but it doesn't irritate my skin and I swear my pores are getting smaller. I shall continue to use it and wait and see.


Sorry about the long post, I hope it was interesting for you :)

Comments

Popular Posts