Something strange has happened...

... but I like it! :)

As I've mentioned in previous posts, my skin is currently combination (oily t-zone & 'normal' everywhere else)

My moisturiser of choice for the last few months has been The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion and I was happy with it. BUT, I started to wonder if my skin was actually dry and that was the reason I was producing more oil. So, whilst flipping through Grazia magazine last week, I saw (another) advert for L'Oreal Youth Code Day Cream.

Now, I will hold my hands up and admit that I've never been a fan of L'Oreal as a skincare brand. Call me a snob, but I have always liked 'posh' moisturisers and never thought that L'Oreal was a brand for me. So, I now have to hang my head in shame because I LOVE this moisturiser!

Here is my pot...


I bought this from Boots on Sunday whilst shopping in Bath and thanks to my £5-off skincare voucher, it cost just £9.99 :)

The pot is 50ml and although it's sold as a Day Cream, it can be used both day & night, which is a bonus. For the past few days, I have just been using it in the morning, under my foundation.


The cream itself is a lovely texture...


It's a sort of gel-cream that feels refreshing and moisturising upon application. Also, a little goes a long way so this jar should last a while :)

I digress... So, I decided to try this in place of my Body Shop moisturiser on Monday morning. I was worried all day that I might look in the mirror and see an oil-slick half-way through the day, but no! I was amazed to say the least.

I mixed it with some MAC Strobe Cream and then applied it before my foundation. It went on smoothly and made my MAC Face & Body Foundation look really dewy and fresh, yet 'set'. I then applied my usual powder, etc and kept an eye on it during the day.

I was amazed to find that when it was time to remove my make-up at the end of the day, I had a barely-noticeable amount of shine in the middle of my forehead. Hooray! :) This is a big difference to my Body Shop one. That normally mattifies my skin until the early evening, but this kept the oil at bay for much longer.

I feel like giving myself a little kick, because I think that I tried to mattify my skin too much when it became oily. Also, skin can produce extra oil to compensate for the dryness if you use too many 'drying' products. I think that my skin started off being oily (due to hormone changes) but when that settled down (and I was still using a mattifying lotion) my skin continued to produce oil to compensate. Grr! ;)

So, I have now ditched the Body Shop lotion and will continue to use this. I am both miffed and pleased... Miffed because I wish I had switched my moisturiser & tested this out ages ago and pleased because I have now found it!


If you are looking to try a new moisturiser, I really recommend this one.


On the box it claims to:
After...
1 Hour: Skin feels smoother, rehydrated and looks more radiant
1 Week: Features appear more rested, skin tone looks more luminous
1 Month: Wrinkles appear visibly reduced. Skin looks rejuvenated


Have you tried this moisturiser for the reason I did? Do you think it lives up to its claims?


On my trip to Bath, I also got an early Xmas present and some other things. My 'haul' consisted of:


* Topshop over-the-knee beige reindeer-print socks
* LUSH Snow Fairy
* LUSH Candy Cane Bubble Bar
* LUSH L'il Xmas Pud bath bomb
* Eve Lom Muslin Cloths (pack of 3)
* Kiehl's Creme de Corps
* NARS The Multiple in 'Orgasm'
* By Terry Baume de Rose
* MAC Strobe Cream
* MAC Blush in 'Well Dressed'
* MAC lipstick in 'Angel'
* MAC lipstick in 'Impassioned'


Phew! ;) It was a great day and made even better by the big box of Ben's Cookies I bought :)

Sorry about the long post, hope it was interesting for you x

Comments

Popular Posts