My Current Hair Care Products...

Sorry for the long gap in my posts... Am I forgiven? Yes? Well, then I will continue! ...

I have always had long hair. From when I was 11 and able to sit on it, to now, I have always loved having long hair. However, keeping it looking great is a daily challenge!

My hair currently comes down to about 3"-4" above the base of my back (I'm 5ft7") and it's a mix of darkest brown with a shot of black (thanks to my amazing hairdresser & L'Oreal Quazi Colour!) You can see the colour in one of my photos, but this is a rubbish photo and doesn't do my hair (or profile) any favours! I also have an eye-skimming fringe and layers, so on a good day it can resemble Kim Kardashian and on bad one, Morticia Adams-meets-hedge! On those days, a hat is a must! ; )

So... I am upping my hair care regime this winter. I am sticking to the colour and cut, but I am needing intensive conditioning right now. Therefore, I am trying new products and what I am using seems to be working, which is...

* VO5 Hot Oil (one tube on the lengths/ends before shampooing)
* Kerastase Bain Oleo-Relax (shampoo)
* Goldwell mask twice a week, Kerastase Oleo-Relax Slim masque once a week and Aveda Rosemary Mint Conditioner once or twice a week

I then follow with these styling products...

* Kerastase Nectar-Thermique (I am still loving this amazing leave-in product and cannot see myself getting bored of it any time soon!)
* L'Oreal Tecni.Art Liss Control+ serum
* L'Oreal Elnett hairspray (currently loving the 'Cheryl Cole Limited Edition' can!)

That may sound like a lot of products to use, but when your hair is long and quick thick like mine, it needs a lot of care and attention. It seems to be paying off though, because I don't seem to get split ends and my frizz has practically gone. I think this is down to the Kerastase shampoo, which is really luxurious and I saw a difference after the first time I used it. This was another purchase from lookfantastic.com and one I shall be re-purchasing when I run out!

I have placed an order for more hair care products that I have been wanting to try. One of these is the new Kerastase Elixir, which is a serum that can be used before or after washing for an intensive treat, so I cannot wait to try it!

Do you change your hair care products in winter? What are your secrets to staying gorgeous and glossy despite the extremes of cold weather and central heating?

Happy Saturday! x

Comments

Popular Posts