Product Review - Lily Lolo Mineral Make-Up!

I have been wanting to try this range ever since I saw it at my hairdressers a few months ago. It's the only make-up range they stock and as I had to wait a while I gave it a look. Then, I forgot about it until the other day when I had another appointment! Seeing it again made me want to try it, so I had a look at their website when I got home.

The packaging is quite simple, but I like that as I would prefer a great product in plain packaging rather than great packaging and a rubbish product!

As my skin is combination at the moment, I decided to order 4 of their products. I went for the sample-sized jars, which are 5ml each and my order came with a mini brochure...


A closer look at the pots...


I really like the mini labels at the bottom - I'm so used to getting samples in plain jars that this is a real bonus!

I love the girl's make-up on the front... It looks fresh, flawless and glowing. Just what I want! The products I chose were...

Mineral Foundation in 'Blondie'...


Flawless Silk Finishing Powder...


Flawless Matte Finishing Powder...


& Star Dust Shimmer Powder...


As these arrived this afternoon, I haven't fully tried them yet. I did open up each pot (which were individually sealed) and swatched each one on my cheek! I just couldn't wait until tomorrow! : )

I will be having a shopping day with my mum & sister tomorrow, so it will be the perfect chance to try them out and see how they hold up for 8+ hours.

I plan to wear MAC Face & Body Foundation in 'C1', then apply a light layer of the foundation powder followed by a dusting of 'Flawless Matte' over my T-Zone. Next I will finish with 'Flawless Silk' to blend and create a flawless finish. Finally - phew! - I will apply my favourite blusher (NARS) and then try a dusting of 'Star Dust' over the top. It sounds a bit of a faff, but it won't take long to apply.

Each pot only cost £1.25 each and delivery was £1, so for £6 I can try out each product before deciding whether or not to buy the full-sized ones.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for a good result tomorrow!

Have you ever tried Lily Lolo? Is there one particular product you swear by?

Have a great evening... it's nearly the weekend! x

Comments

Popular Posts