Product Review - Goldwell Color Extra Rich 60sec Treatment (Mask)!


I tried this mask for the first time today and I am seriously impressed!

It's from their 'dualsenses' range and this is the 'color' 'extra rich, 60sec treatment' mask. For your money you get a 200ml pot. The packaging is typical of any salon-only brand and it looks the part with a glossy lid and a shimmery red label. You instantly get the impression that it's not a cheap product!

I got this from 'lookfantastic.com' for £7.70 (with free delivery!) after I received an email from them. When I opened it, there was a huge advert for Goldwell along with an offer to win an Apple iPad with any purchase. As I was looking to get a new hair mask - and I really, really, really (yes, really!) - want an iPad, I thought I would take a look. I chose this mask purely on the description...

Instantly feel and see color brilliance and extra care for demanding color-treated hair through the Brilliance System with Pomegranate Extract & UV Filter combined with the Instant Microfluid Technology. Ultra-fast color maintaining intensive care treatment. Restructures the hair in just 60 seconds for visibly more brilliance and a smooth, well nourished hair feeling.

Sounds pretty good, right?

So this morning, I shampooed using my usual (& current fave!) L'Oreal Professional Vitamino Colour and then applied this. As my hair is long, I tend to comb any conditioner through and I did on this occasion.

As soon as I applied it, it seemed to melt into my hair and I could tell the difference immediately. Normally, I have to apply quite a bit of conditioner to cover all my hair, but with this a little seemed to go a long way.

When I finished rinsing, my hair felt strong and looked shinier (even when wet!) so I was already thinking I will repurchase when this pot runs out!

Here's what it looks like...



It smells like raspberries and it's not overpowering or sickly. In fact, I would say it smells exactly like the L'Oreal Professional mask!

When I dried my hair it was noticeably softer and shinier and I'm sure it made drying time quicker. I did also use my Kerastase Nectar Thermique, so perhaps I have found my HG hair products? Time will tell!

I will definitely continue to use this maybe 2-3 times a week and see if it has any better-with-every-use benefits. There will be a follow-up post if it does!

Have you tried any Goldwell products? Is there one particular product you would recommend?

Comments

Popular Posts