Dermalogica Exfoliating Face Brush - First Impressions...

I got my Dermalogica Exfoliating Face Brush in the post today from pure-beauty.co.uk and here it is!



I also got 5 free samples...



Exfoliating Body Scrub, Exteme C, C-12 Concentrate, Multivitamin Power Recovery Masque & Ultrarich Body Cream

This is a real bonus of the site. You get to choose samples from a huge selection and the more you spend, the more samples you get! They are also offering free 1st Class Recorded Delivery and my order took about 2 days to arrive, so all-in-all, I'm impressed!

So, back to the brush!

I used it this afternoon and I was pleasantly surprised. The bristles are super-soft and the handle/design makes it easy to hold, even when wet. It didn't really lather my cleanser more than usual, but it did seem to drive it a bit deeper and provide a light exfoliation at the same time. I then removed any residue with my Eve Lom Muslin Cloth. As an aside, I love this cloth! I bought a pack of 3 from SpaceNK and I don't use anything else to remove cleanser from my face. I don't think a few splashes of water does a proper job! ;)

I decided to buy this brush as I was looking into getting a Clarisonic Mia. However, I found just as many negative reviews as I did postive ones, so I wasn't entirely convinced that I should get one. I then went on MUA (Make Up Alley) and someone did a review on the Dermalogica Exfoliating Face Brush. She wrote that she'd heard it was "the poor man's Clarisonic" and that she decided to buy one on that basis! The reviews on the brush were a lot more favourable, so I thought I would get one and see for myself. I have only tried it once so far, so I will have to try it for a couple of weeks before I notice any difference.

On a different subject, I have just painted my nails with Topshop nail polish in 'Voltage'...



I took quite a few photos to try and capture the blue in this polish, but it's very difficult as it's so dark! I applied one coat of 'Under & Over' as a base coat, two coats of 'Voltage' and then another coat of 'Under & Over' as a top coat. The result is a glossy dark blue with a high-shine finish. Perfect!

I'm going shopping tomorrow, so I think I will team this with my new beige wool coat from ZARA, skinny jeans & my tan leather knee-high boots. Oh, and my gorgeous patent-taupe Marc by Marc Jacobs Turnlock bag! :)

Hope you're having a great Saturday x

Comments

Popular Posts