Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Foundation Review...

Yes, that's right, another foundation review! I bought this last Friday and I feel that it deserves a post of its own :)

Here is my bottle of Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions foundation...



My shade is '02 Fresh Ivory' and it's the perfect colour for me :) I tested '01 Alabaster' (which I thought would be my shade) but this was too pale.

I have read mixed reviews about this foundation and some people found it too drying. However, if you have combination skin, then I would suggest using this on oily areas only. I have worn this twice since I bought it and will be wearing it at home on days where I don't have to go out but I still want my skin to look even and mattified for the day.

Here is how it looks on...


This photo was taken using the flash and I'm not wearing any powder/concealer/etc on top. I like it because it provides moderate-full coverage, goes on easily and mattifies my skin for about 8 hours :)


Here's a couple of swatches with the flash...



& one without the flash...


I purposely applied a slightly thicker layer so that it would come out in the photos. Texture-wise, it reminds me of Clinique Supermoisture, but it dries to a slightly powdery finish (hence why some people find it drying).

I intend to wear this on my days at home - with no other makeup - so that my skin can be covered yet cared for. I'm still getting the odd outbreak of hormonal acne in places (*boo hiss*) but I'm hoping that my current skincare routine (which I've updated with 3 new products - oops!) and this foundation will work to make my skin better. I have to think of the process as a marathon not a sprint :)

This cost £20 for 30ml at Boots.

Have you tried this foundation? Has it helped you in some way? x

Comments

Popular Posts