Decleor Matifying Lotion vs Clinique Clarifying Lotion...

As I've mentioned in previous posts (more than one!) I have made some changes to my skincare routine recently.

After having a much-needed de-clutter of my makeup & beauty products before Xmas, I also took a good look at the products I was using, which ones I had to ditch and then think about products I needed to add to my routine.

Once I'd settled upon which cleanser I wanted to use (one and one only!) I then had to sort out a toner, makeup remover(s), serum, eye cream, moisturiser, etc that would suit my current skins needs. Phew! :)

After much thought - and a few changes - this is my final skincare routine:

Morning:

* Dermalogica Skin Resurfacing Cleanser (1 pump)
* Clinique Pore Minimizer Thermal-Active Skin Refiner (on t-zone, used 3 times a week only)
* Decleor Matifying Lotion (toner)
* Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus (serum) (3 drops)
* Clarins Eye Revive Beauty Flash
* L'Oreal Youth Code Day Cream
* MAC Strobe Cream (mixed with Youth Code)
* Foundation & rest of makeup

I also enjoy using Dermalogica's Daily Microfoliant on a couple of days!


Evening:

* MAC Cleanse-Off Oil (1 pump - removes foundation, blusher, etc)
* Lancome Bi-Facil (eye makeup remover)
* Dermalogica Skin Resurfacing Cleanser (1 pump)
* Decleor Matifying Lotion
* Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus (serum) (3 drops)

Once a week:


* Clinique Pore Minimizer Refining Mask (thin layer applied all over & left on for 5 minutes)

I fully intend to stick with this routine (with one exception, which I'm coming to!) as this combination of products seems to be keeping my hormonal skin problems at bay :)

However, after switching from my Sanctuary toner to the Decleor Matifying Lotion I find that I really don't like it. This actually pains me because I wanted this toner for a long time after I read great reviews on MUA. I ordered a 250ml bottle and I'm glad I went for this size rather than the huge 400ml one!

The smell of the Decleor toner reminds me of cherry-flavour 'Tunes' (the throat sweets!) and it actually feels quite greasy until it dries. I don't know about you, but I prefer my toner to feel refreshing and like it's actually 'toning' my skin. Although this toner feels nice, it's no better than my Sanctuary one, which I feel performs a lot better. It's also not very matifying, which is the biggest disappointment of all.

Before I started using Decleor, I was using up some Clinique Clarifying Lotion in formulation number 3, which is for combination-oily skin. When I had used it up I decided to try the Decleor one. I could actually kick myself now as I wish I had spent the money on more Clinique!

So, this weekend I intend to buy some more. Each one has been reformulated, but I hope they haven't changed it too much. This is how they look in the current ads...



Image courtesy of cliniquepressoffice.co.uk

I would love it if the new bottles actually looked liked this! :) Sadly they don't, but I love this image and it makes me want to go back to this toner even more.

I also find that the Clarifying Lotion is a much better toner in comparison to Decleor. I love how smooth my skin looks after using it and the fact that my moisturiser and foundation go on better. I also don't find it drying and it doesn't make my skin greasy after it's applied. I just apply a small amount to a cotton ball, sweep it over my face - concentrating on my t-zone - and then I find I can apply my serum straight away. Result! :)

So, I'm afraid to say that as soon as I get some Clarifying Lotion, I shall be ditching the Decleor. I'm only sorry I didn't do it sooner!

Have you experienced this with Decleor? Are you a Clarifying Lotion devotee? x

Comments

Popular Posts