Nails Inc for Diet Coke Catwalk Collection & My First FOTD!...

This is a bit of a hybrid blog post tonight... Enjoy! :)

A couple of weeks ago, I made a post about the upcoming Nails Inc for Diet Coke Collection and that there were 4 new colours being produced with the purchase of two 500ml bottles of Diet Coke at selected (larger) Boots stores in the UK.

Well they were in store today & I was a bit greedy and got all four...


caramel ~ heather grey ~ denim ~ plum

Please excuse the awful photo... the camera flash reflected in the lids and the 'plum' is actually darker. Without the flash they looked really dark! After taking about 20 photos, this is the one that shows all four best. I hope you can forgive me & appreciate the collection ;)

The only downside is that I now have 8 bottles of Cherry Diet Coke that I can't (read: won't) drink as it smells and tastes like cough mixture! Eurgh! :) Don't worry, I won't be tipping them away, I'll be giving them to my sister who is the Diet Coke Queen :)

The first Boots store I went to hadn't had their delivery of these polishes, so I had to make a quick dash to the next store before going food shopping! Luckily, this store had had theirs, but as they were in the town centre (and therefore have more shoppers on a daily basis) their supplies were low. I think that by the end of the week the store will have run out as they only had a few of each left. I'll be going to another store when I go shopping on Friday and I'm tempted to get another 4... shall I?! ;)

I can't decide which one to use first... right now I'm torn between using 'denim' & 'heather grey'. Whichever one I choose will be tomorrow's blog post :)

...

I also wanted to do a FOTD (my first proper one!) so here it is...


I've been wanting to do a FOTD for a while now and decided to pluck up the courage and just do it!

I applied this at about 11am this morning, so I'm really pleased with how it looks at 8pm!

I used...


Face:

* Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions liquid makeup in '02 Fresh Ivory' (all over)
* YSL Teint Radiance foundation in '5 Peach' (across cheeks & nose for a dewy glow)
* Clinique Line Smoothing Concealer in '03 Moderately Fair' (under eyes, around nose & the odd dot where needed!)
* Clinique Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder in 'Stay Neutral' (on t-zone)
* Bare Escentuals mineral foundation (powder) in 'Medium Beige' (on cheeks & forehead)

Cheeks:

* NARS blush powder in 'Deep Throat'
* Lily Lolo powder in 'Stardust' (just a little to highlight)

Eyes:

* MAC eyeliner in 'Smoulder' (top waterline only)
* Stila kajal eye pencil in '02 Topaz' (bottom waterline only)
* Topshop blue eyeshadow as liner underneath bottom lashes
* L'Oreal Voluminous mascara in 'Carbon Black'

Lips:

* MAC Lip Erase in 'Pale'
* MAC lipstick in 'Myth'
* NARS lipgloss in 'Turkish Delight'

Phew! When I look a that list it seems like a lot of products, but it was a cinch to apply and took no time at all. I also like how it looks 'natural' rather than an obvious tidemark of dark foundation!


Did you get any of these nail polishes today? Which one is your favourite? x

Comments

  1. ugh i didnt know these were out :( i hope to pick up caramel tomorrow :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Adrienne oh no! I hope you manage to get one :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i like the denim one!

    http://kisstomake-up.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. @D they're all gorgeous aren't they? :) I'm doing my nails later but I can't decide between 'heather grey' & 'denim'! x

    I'll check out your blog :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. nope all sold out haha! ah well after my barry m mushroom experience i cant say im too fussed :) would be nice to see swatches of your haul though :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Adrienne oh no! if I see the 'caramel' one when I go shopping tomorrow (Friday) shall I get it for you? I'm just about to do my nails in 'heather grey' and will do a blog post on it when I'm done. Then, in a few days' time I'll do caramel :) x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts