A big let down!

I went shopping today and popped in to SpaceNK. I was hoping they had the new eyeshadow trio, Calanque by NARS...

Image courtesy of narscosmetics.co.uk

This trio looks gorgeous! A mix of pale champagne, taupe & dark chocolate looks amazing in the promo shots. In real life? Not so much. For me, this trio was a big disappointment. I swatched each one and they had barely any pigmentation. The shade on the right looked 'dirty' and the pale champagne just gave a light wash of shimmer. For £33, I expected more!

I also tested their new Matte Lipsticks. The website swatches looked good and I decided that 'Tashkent' and 'Madere' were for me. Wrong again! When I tested each one on the back of my (moisturised) hand, they were so drying. I expected them to be a little mattifying, but not that much! The colours came out so chalky that I immediately put them back.

I did get a couple of things whilst I was there... a bottle of Kiehl's Creme de Corps and a NARS nail polish in 'Desperado'. This nail polish is stunning - described as an 'Antique Brass', this is a gorgeous mix between khaki and gold. As soon as I have tried this, a post will follow :)

I also went to LUSH and got some things. I didn't get everything on my list as some of things just weren't as nice as I thought. For example, the 'Full of Grace' serum bar just didn't feel very nice and the the 'American Cream' conditioner smelt weird. So, I bought a 'Magic Mushroom' bubble bar and some 'Honey I Washed The Kids' soap. And then there was my MAC purchases! I got Viva Glam Gaga 2 lipstick & lipgloss and one of their new 'Sheen Supreme' lipsticks in 'Supremely Confident'. This is a stunning shade and I love it already. Creamy, glossy and nude, I can see this becoming a firm favourite in my make-up collection. You can check out the Viva Glam Gaga 2 here and the Sheen Supreme lipstick here.

I'm planning on doing posts on these items next week - I just don't have the energy or time to create this post tonight! :)

Hope you've all had a good Saturday x

Comments

  1. Awww no so sorry to hear it was a let down and for £33 im sure the let down is even more major! I havent seen these so thanks for the review! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Joanna Louise... I was so gutted! The colours also looked a bit duller than they seem in the promo pictures :( If I had more money than sense I might have bought it anyway! ;) x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts