Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sunday Haul...

As I had to go food shopping this morning, I decided to pop into Boots beforehand.

I plumped for these goodies...


I got Lola by Marc Jacobs Eau de Parfum Spray in Pochette set, which looks gorgeous...


It's a new, limited edition version of LOLA and it comes with 2x 20ml vials. You simply push one into the case and pop it in your bag. Perfect for top-ups on the go!

As well as the metal case and perfume vials, it also comes with a pochette (posh word for case!)...


I plan on keeping the perfume in this case when I'm out & about so that it doesn't get scratched. The case is equal parts cute & tacky and I love it : )

Sadly, one of the vials leaked...


The one on the right was inside the metal case and the one on the left was wrapped in tissue paper. As soon as I took the cellophane off, I could smell the perfume immediately. I am both disappointed and annoyed at this - not just because the set costs £42!! I have sent an email to Coty, as I don't hold out much hope of Boots being able to help. I hope it can be sorted out soon, as I only have one vial and they don't sell spares as an extra. Not only that, but it doesn't even spray!

On a happier note, I also got 2 Barry M nail polishes...

279 Bright Pink & 305 Pink Flamingo

I already have one each of these, but as they were 2 for £5, I decided to buy spares in time for Summer!

Aside from this little haul, I also got my much-coveted Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Starter Kit yesterday : ) I have wanted to try this for ages, so I am really excited to finally be using it. I have used it twice so far (last night and this morning) and I'm looking forward to seeing if it removes all of my makeup. Compared to Clinique (where I needed 1 product for removing eye makeup, 1 product for removing facial makeup & then a separate cleanser) Cleanse & Polish claims to remove it all. This will save me both time and money, so I can't wait to see how it copes with removing foundation, powder, blusher, concealer, gel eyeliner & mascara! I am planning on a review post when I've been using it for a couple of weeks. So far, I love it, so watch this space!

Hope you've all had a lovely weekend x

8 comments:

  1. love the little Lola pouch, so pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd have taken that back to Boots asap, they would have changed it no bother.. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both these Barry M's are favourites of mine! Hope you manage to get the perfume sorted, it's so disappointing when things like that happen. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Gem... it's so cute, I love it! :) x

    @Nude Obsession... I would have done, but it's a 24 mile round trip! I think I will call them tomorrow and see what they have to say (although I can't get there in the week as my job is 45 miles in the other direction!) I hope they can :) x

    @Rainy Days and Lattes... It's one of my favourite Marc Jacobs scents :) x

    @missy_ellie_uk... they're great aren't they? such great colours! thank you - I hope so too! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both nail polishes look gorgeous! I love Barry M x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd definitely contact Boots! I think you'll have better luck

    ReplyDelete
  7. @GABY... me too! they do some amazing shades & the quality is great for the price :) x

    @SweetLikeJelly... I will today - I hope they'll change it otherwise I'm stuck with a 20ml vial I can't use! thanks for following :) x

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics