Sunday Haul...

As I had to go food shopping this morning, I decided to pop into Boots beforehand.

I plumped for these goodies...


I got Lola by Marc Jacobs Eau de Parfum Spray in Pochette set, which looks gorgeous...


It's a new, limited edition version of LOLA and it comes with 2x 20ml vials. You simply push one into the case and pop it in your bag. Perfect for top-ups on the go!

As well as the metal case and perfume vials, it also comes with a pochette (posh word for case!)...


I plan on keeping the perfume in this case when I'm out & about so that it doesn't get scratched. The case is equal parts cute & tacky and I love it : )

Sadly, one of the vials leaked...


The one on the right was inside the metal case and the one on the left was wrapped in tissue paper. As soon as I took the cellophane off, I could smell the perfume immediately. I am both disappointed and annoyed at this - not just because the set costs £42!! I have sent an email to Coty, as I don't hold out much hope of Boots being able to help. I hope it can be sorted out soon, as I only have one vial and they don't sell spares as an extra. Not only that, but it doesn't even spray!

On a happier note, I also got 2 Barry M nail polishes...

279 Bright Pink & 305 Pink Flamingo

I already have one each of these, but as they were 2 for £5, I decided to buy spares in time for Summer!

Aside from this little haul, I also got my much-coveted Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Starter Kit yesterday : ) I have wanted to try this for ages, so I am really excited to finally be using it. I have used it twice so far (last night and this morning) and I'm looking forward to seeing if it removes all of my makeup. Compared to Clinique (where I needed 1 product for removing eye makeup, 1 product for removing facial makeup & then a separate cleanser) Cleanse & Polish claims to remove it all. This will save me both time and money, so I can't wait to see how it copes with removing foundation, powder, blusher, concealer, gel eyeliner & mascara! I am planning on a review post when I've been using it for a couple of weeks. So far, I love it, so watch this space!

Hope you've all had a lovely weekend x

Comments

  1. love the little Lola pouch, so pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd have taken that back to Boots asap, they would have changed it no bother.. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! :) Lola smells wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both these Barry M's are favourites of mine! Hope you manage to get the perfume sorted, it's so disappointing when things like that happen. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Gem... it's so cute, I love it! :) x

    @Nude Obsession... I would have done, but it's a 24 mile round trip! I think I will call them tomorrow and see what they have to say (although I can't get there in the week as my job is 45 miles in the other direction!) I hope they can :) x

    @Rainy Days and Lattes... It's one of my favourite Marc Jacobs scents :) x

    @missy_ellie_uk... they're great aren't they? such great colours! thank you - I hope so too! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both nail polishes look gorgeous! I love Barry M x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd definitely contact Boots! I think you'll have better luck

    ReplyDelete
  8. @GABY... me too! they do some amazing shades & the quality is great for the price :) x

    @SweetLikeJelly... I will today - I hope they'll change it otherwise I'm stuck with a 20ml vial I can't use! thanks for following :) x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts