Chanel Black Pearl Nail Polish Review...

I thought I would kick off February with a review on the fabulous 'Black Pearl' nail polish by Chanel.

Here's my bottle...


I was trying to decide whether to use Peche Nacree or Black Pearl last night and Black Pearl won :) Having said that, I can't wait to try Peche Nacree!

The first coat I applied shocked me... it was all streaky, thin and patchy! Thankfully, when I applied the second coat 10 minutes later, I was rewarded with a beautiful opaque colour. Phew! :)

Here's how it looks with the flash...


The green really stands out and it looks gorgeous. The resulting colour is a mix of grey-black, green and a light metallic shimmer. The green has a slight teal tint to it in some lights, whilst in others, it almost looks like a petrol-blue/green. It's a strange hybrid, but I like it :)


This is how it looks without the flash...


I'd say that the closest colour - in terms of how it looks in natural daylight - is closer to the 'with flash' photo.


If you're looking for a change to the usual blue/black/plum shades (and you can get hold of a bottle) then I really recommend this.

Have you got 'Black Pearl'? x

Comments

  1. Black Pearl is such a gorgeous nail polish! I picked it up about 2 weeks ago, and it's been on my nails every since! I don't see it coming off anytime soon, either! Well, unless it's to be reapplied freshly right after, hehe!

    Andrée xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Straight Up Glam.. lucky you having it for the past fortnight! :) I went shopping yesterday & the 3 department stores there had all sold out! I think this will make a great pedi colour too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That green black colour looks amazing, love dark shades!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @StyleFrost.. thank you :) it's such a nice colour and it hasn't chipped (yet!) x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts