My Inspired Look... Natalie Portman in Black Swan...

I was so nervous about recreating this look!

It's a tricky one to pull off that's for sure and I never wing my eyeliner. However, I decided to just bite the bullet and go for it and here's the result...



I had to use A LOT of eye makeup for this look and it was hard to wing the eyeliner! I am happy with the result as I just went for it - no trial runs, no prep - I just grabbed my stash of makeup and got on with it :)


Here's a close-up of the lips...


Strangely enough, some of the photos I took came out with red eyes, but that looked too scary ;)


To recreate my version of this look, I used:

* Clinique Supermoisture foundation
* L'Oreal True Match powder in 'C1'
* Clinique Line Smoothing Concealer
* MAC 'Well Dressed' Blush Powder
* Benefit 'Lip Plump'
* MAC Paint Pot in 'Blackground'
* MAC Fluidline in 'Blacktrack'
* L'Oreal Chrome Shine Eyeshadow in '172 Beige Shimmer'
* Clinique Eyeshadow in 'Strawberry Fudge' (a chocolate brown)
* L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara in 'Carbon Black' (top lashes)

* Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara in 'Black'
* Stila Kajal Eye Liner in '02 Topaz' (lower waterline)
* MAC Kohl Liner in 'Smoulder'
* MAC Brow in 'Lingering'
* MAC Lipstick in 'Angel'

Phew! :) A lot of products were needed, but as this look focuses on the eyes, it certainly needed it.

I kept the cheeks a light flushed pink with lips to match. The makeup worn in the film features ballet-hues and pink is the most common colour. The focus should remain on the eyes and anything brighter/more obvious than a flash of pink would detract from it.

I'd love to know what you think! x

Comments

  1. That Mac Angel lipstick looks great - I want, I need!
    Nice dramatic look :)

    beautyandmakeupboudoir.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Miss A.. thank you! It's such a great colour & it looks amazing when you apply NARS Turkish Delight lipgloss on top :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you have totally captured the look, see I new you could do it, I wasn't nervous at all as I had total faith in you. I'm with Miss A on the lipstick, love it and I am going to own it next time I am near a Mac counter. Jude xx @jadlgw

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Jude.. thank you so much - what a lovely comment :') I just thought 'what the heck!' (although I did scare my husband when I came downstairs!) :) 'Angel' can be quite bright, but it's easy to tone down and is such a gorgeous colour. I can always rely on MAC when I want to find a new lippy :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, i love that lipstick!!

    http://fridayisforever.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Sarah.. It's one of my favourites :) Anything that Kim Kardashian wears goes straight on my 'to get' list! ;) x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts